Breaking News

The Program of VA Polytrauma Care

Polytrauma care is provided to veterans and members returning from their time served that has resulted in injuries to several physical parts or the organ system, which may be life threatening, and may result in either psychological, physical, psychosocial impairments, cognitive, or functional disability.

Below are a few examples of polytrauma:

  • Fractures
  • Traumatic brain injury (TBI)

Documents required to apply for VA benefits

Medical Benefits

  • A copy of your Certificate of Discharge or Release from active duty, discharge certificate, or DD Form 214 (if available)
  • Complete and submit VA Form 10-10EZ and application for health facilities online at

In order to file for your service in a combat operations theater, you need to provide any of the following proof or documentation:

  • A copy of your Leaves and Earnings Statement (LES) disclosing the attainment of Imminent Danger Pay or Hostile Fire
  • Attainment of the Medal for the Armed Forces Expeditionary
  • Attainment of the Medal for the Kosovo Campaign
  • Attainment of the Medal for the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary
  • Attainment of the Medal for the  Afghanistan Campaign
  • Attainment of the Medal for the Iraq Campaign
  • Attainment of the Medal for the Southwest Asia Campaign
  • Exemption proof for administration tax status for Imminent Danger Pay or Hostile Fire
  • Orders to a combat operation theater

Non-Medical Benefits Documentation

  • A copy of your Certificate of Discharge or Release from active duty, discharge certificate, or DD Form 214 (if available)
  • Your Social Security number or VA claims number (if the benefits are received for former service)
  • A copy of all divorce decrees and marriage certificates (if any), required for both service personnel and their family
  • A copy of records for medical service-related disabilities that you are planning to claim through the VA

Women’s Health Matters

A Women’s Veterans Program manager is available at every VA Medical Center. These individuals offer advice and guidance to female members. They also assist female members who may receive any medical services ranging from basic care to expert care for chronic conditions or reproductive health.

Polytrauma Care Services

These services which are coverd by the VA also include such injuries such as:

  • Burns
  • Hearing loss
  • Visual impairment
  • Amputations

The Department of Veterans Affairs polytrauma health care teams offer high-quality, professional, interdisciplinary, and comprehensive care to patients. Physician teams from every significant field makes arrangements and monitors an independently-designed improvement plan to assist the patient recover as early as possible based on the individual’s needs.

Polytrauma Rehabilitation Centers are located at four locations:

  • Tampa, Florida
  • Richmond, Virginia
  • Palo Alto, California; and
  • Minneapolis, Minnesota.

There are also 17 additional Polytrauma Network Sites at the following locations in the United States:

  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • Augusta, Georgia
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Lexington, Kentucky
  • St. Louis, Missouri
  • Bronx, New York
  • Seattle, Washington
  • Cleveland, Ohio
  • Syracuse, New York
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Tucson, Arizona
  • Denver, Colorado
  • West Los Angeles, California
  • Hines, Illinois
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Indianapolis, Indiana; and
  • Houston, Texas

Check Also

Dental Program

Active Duty Dental Program (ADDP) The Active Duty Dental Program is a program which focuses …


  1. Typically we start seeing them at 3 for their first cealning/exam ( m a dental hygienist). Unless they have some sort of cavity, that is the average age for their first dental apppointment.The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends children have a dental home by 1 and an exam. But to be honest, I have never seen a patient younger than 3 in the office and that is usually not the norm.

  2. Barbara A. Ganitch

    Hi, do you have list of professional doctors for hearing loss? I need second opinion, and local, like in Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward.

    I’mm not happy with last dr,
    thank you, Barbara Gantich

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *