Do you want to know how TRICARE covers for your dental needs? Read on to find more about this optional insurance plan, which provides access to hundreds of dental care facilities without any additional costs or any deductibles.
TRICARE Dental is separate from the TRICARE medical health insurance plan and offers civilian dental care to military sponsors and their dependents. It is an optional and additional insurance plan, with enrollment on a voluntary basis. However, given the importance of good dental health and hygiene; the TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) can be availed by all family members of active duty service men and women, as well as the National Guard and Reserve service members and their dependents. MetLife is the officially partnered organization providing dental services under the TRICARE Dental program. It is an advantageous, easy and cost effective dental coverage and convenience plan. Under the TRICARE dental plan, beneficiaries have the safe and easy advantage of having access to over 190,000 MetLife network service provider locations.
The TRICARE Dental Program is a dental insurance plan, which can be opted voluntarily and is open for uniformed military sponsors as well as:
- Family members of active duty service members
- Dependents (spouses and children) of National Guard/Reserve servicemen
- National Guard/Reserve Members who are not on active duty or are not covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program
Enrolling in the TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) allows you to benefit from civilian dental care facilities all the while preventing extraneous costs and saving money. The possible money saved is contingent upon two imperative conditions: Firstly, the Government bears about sixty percent of the expenses incurred by the Active Duty dependents and National Guard/Reserve Members. Secondly, the TRICARE Dental Program allows you accessibility to authorized network dental services providers who charge less than normal rates in the form of discounted services. Ultimately, this reduces your personally paid out of pocket expenditure.
TRICARE Dental Other beneficial reasons include:
- Receivable monthly premiums are easily affordable
- There are no yearly deductible charges to be met
- Full coverage is ensured for essential and expensive dental services including but not limited to sealants, periodontics, implants, and orthodontics
- No private costs for preventive and diagnostic care when visiting any one of the authorized network service providers
- Dental coverage is automatically ensured for dependents when the sponsor’s military status changes to active duty
TRICARE Retiree Dental Program Costs
Your monthly premium depends on where you live and the number of family members enrolled.
Find your Monthly Premium amount here. Your premium payment is deducted from your retirement pay through an allotment. If you’re not collecting retirement pay or if the amount isn’t enough, you have two options to pay your monthly premium:
- Autopay through your bank account.
- Recurring credit card payment.
If you don’t set up your payment before your first monthly premium is due, you may lose coverage.
Your TRICARE Retiree Dental Program benefits and cost shares overview can be found here.
You can get more information in your Benefits Booklet.